52 weeks including 4 weeks break
Unit by unit
Trainer led in the classroom and structured self-paced study allows learners and instructors/facilitators to interact and discuss the training material individually or in a group setting.
- Direct Evidence gathering (Demonstration).
- Direct Evidence gathering (Finished Product-Project).
- Indirect Evidence gathering (role play).
- Indirect Evidence gathering (workplace simulation).
- Research, case study, assignment, report writing.
- Questioning (interview, exam, test, quiz).
- Third Party Report
Qualification description and job roles
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Total number of units = 12
- 6 core units plus
- 6 electives
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
A pathway is the route or course of action taken to get to a destination. A training pathway generally means the learning activities or experiences used to attain the competencies needed to achieve career goals. There is no single pathway that applies to everyone; each individual has specific needs and goals. Achievement of AQF qualifications provides opportunities for individuals to pursue and achieve their career goals. Qualifications can be achieved in various ways, including:
- Off-the-job training, e.g. Attending classroom-based learning programs
- Recognition of prior learning / Credit transfer.
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management with limited or no vocational experience.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, individuals could progress to BSB60420 – Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Entry requirements and reasonable adjustments
There are no formal qualification entry requirements for this training product. However, MVC has following entry requirements for this program including the student’s agreement and ability to undertake the following:
- Access to reliable computer and internet.
- Participate in Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment test at MVC before the start of Training Minimum ACSF 4.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and assessment.
- Participate in workplace tasks to employer expectations.
- Comply with all MVC Policies, MVC code of conduct requirements, directions on work, and health and safety matters.
- Be able to work in an industry or simulated environment.International students’ requirements:
- ACSF Level 4 or IELTS band 5.5 or equivalent.
- Students must be 18 years of age or over
- Students must have completed an equivalent of year 12
International Students will need to meet the Department of Home Affairs student visa requirements. Refer to www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Units of competencies offered at MVC
Based on industry consultation and review of industry needs MVC have selected following units of competencies for this qualification.
|Communicate with influence
|Develop critical thinking in others
|Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|Manage business operational plans
|Develop and use emotional intelligence
|Manage team effectiveness
|Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
|Facilitate continuous improvement
|Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
|Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
|Manage business resources
|Manage budgets and financial plans
Mode of delivery
Face to face full time study 20 hours a week Plus, self-paced study 5 hours a week
- Leadership Study Club (West) 50 Grenfell street Adelaide, 5000
- Level 2 West 50 Grenfell street Adelaide,5000 And
- 78 Currie street Adelaide 5000 SA Or
Approved School premises training site