52 weeks including 4 weeks term break
Unit by unit
Trainer led in the classroom and structured self-paced study
A. Written questions
D. Written reports/reflection
E. Portfolio of work/simulation
F. Comprehensive projects
Qualification description and job roles
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialisedknow ledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus
- 5 electives
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
A pathway is the route or course of action taken to get to a destination. A training pathway generally means the learning activities or experiences used to attain the competencies needed to achieve career goals. There is no single pathway that applies to everyone; each individual has specific needs and goals. Achievement of AQF qualifications provides opportunities for individuals to pursue and achieve their career goals. Qualifications can be achieved in various ways, including:
- Off-the-job training, e.g. Attending classroom-based learning programs
- Recognition of prior learning / Credit transfer.
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management who:
Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions).
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, individuals may progress to the following;
- BSB80320 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership (additional entry requirements may apply)
Entry requirements and reasonable adjustments
There are formal qualification entry requirements for this training product. MVC has following additional entry requirements for this program including the student’s agreement and ability to undertake the following:
- Access to reliable computer and internet.
- Participate in Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment test at MVC before the start of Training Minimum ACSF 4.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and assessment.
- Participate in workplace tasks to employer expectations.
- Comply with the MVC code of conduct requirements, directions on work, and health and safety matters, and all MVC Policies.
- Be able to work in an industry environment.
International Students will need to meet the Department of Home Affairs student visa requirements. Refer to www.homeaffairs.gov.au
International students’ requirements:
- IELTS band 5.5 or equivalent and above
- Students must be 18 years of age or over
- Students must have completed an equivalent of year 12
Units of competencies offered at MVC
Based on industry consultation and review of industry needs MVC have selected following units of competencies for this qualification.
|Develop and Implement Business Plans
|Manage Personal and Professional Development
|Lead Communication in the Workplace
|Contribute to the Development of Learning and Development Strategies
|Lead Corporate Social Responsibility
|Contribute to Strategic Workforce Planning
|Apply Critical Thinking for Complex Problem Solving
|Manage Innovation and Continuous Improvement
|Lead and Manage Organisational Change
|Provide Leadership across the Organisation
Mode of delivery
Face to face full time study 20 hours a week
Plus, self-paced study 5 hours a week
- Leadership Study Club (West) 50 Grenfell street Adelaide, 5000
- Level 2 West 50 Grenfell street Adelaide,5000 And
- 78 Currie street Adelaide 5000 SA Or
Approved School premises training site