20 weeks plus nominated SA school term break
Unit by unit
Trainer led in the classroom and structured self-paced study
- Written questions
- Written reports/reflection
- Industry placement
- Assessment activity projects
Qualification description and job roles
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who participate in a range of routine and predictable hospitality work activities. They work under close supervision and are given clear directions to complete tasks.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- Bar useful
- Food runner
- Glass runner
- Housekeeping assistant
- Kitchen steward
- Kitchen useful.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
6 units must be completed:
- 3 core units
- 3 elective units
For further details, Please check https://training.gov.au/training/details/sit10222
A pathway is the route or course of action taken to get to a destination. A training pathway generally means the learning activities or experiences used to attain the competencies needed to achieve career goals. There is no single pathway that applies to everyone; each individual has specific needs and goals. Achievement of AQF qualifications provides opportunities for individuals to pursue and achieve their career goals. Qualifications can be achieved in various ways, including:
- Off-the-job training, e.g. Attending classroom-based learning programs
- On-the-job training, e.g. Apprenticeships, traineeships
- Recognition of prior learning
- Credit transfer
Pathways from the qualification
A learner can progress to certificate SIT20421 II in cookery or SIT30821 Certificate III in commercial cookery
Entry requirements and reasonable adjustments
There are no formal qualification entry requirements for this training product.
However, MVC has following entry requirements for this program including the student’s agreement and ability to undertake the following:
- Participate in Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- test at MVC before the start of Training Minimum ACSF 3
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and assessment.
- Participate in workplace tasks to employer expectations.
- Comply with the MVC code of conduct requirements, directions on
- work, and health and safety matters, and all MVC Policies.
Be able to work in an industry environment.
Units of competencies offered at MVC
Based on industry consultation and review of industry needs MVC have selected following units of competencies for this qualification.
|Work effectively with others
|Provide customer information and assistance
|Participate in safe work practices
|Use hygienic practices for food safety
|Prepare and present sandwiches
|Use food preparation equipment
Mode of delivery
Face to face part time study 10 hours a week
Self-paced study minimum 20 hours a week
- Leadership Study Club (West) 50 Grenfell street Adelaide, 5000
- Level 2 West 50 Grenfell street Adelaide,5000 And
- 78 Currie street Adelaide 5000 SA Or
Approved School premises training site